There are five areas in which students must perform competently in order
to be ready for Belt Promotion:
1. Knowledge of Curriculum – Students must know the entire curriculum necessary to progress
to the next level. This curriculum is available at the office on a curriculum sheet for the student’s
particular Belt level.
2. Spirit and Energy – Students are expected to perform their moves with high energy. “Kiai” and
intensity of movement can demonstrate this.
3. Attitude and Protocol – Students should demonstrate a positive and respectful attitude and follow
the protocol of the school. Junior students are also required to get a school teacher’s and parent’s
signature on their intent to promote letter showing that their behavior at home and at school is
acceptable. Please note that there are specific grade point averages that must be maintained in order
to promote to the next level. For more information regarding this policy, please ask at the front desk.
4. Fitness – Students are expected to improve their fitness as they progress. This can be
demonstrated by doing good push-ups, etc.
5. Basics and Application – Good basics are the foundation of a good martial artist, therefore we
expect students to perform basics competently at all Belt levels. Students should also be able to
demonstrate an understanding of the application of the movements they are learning.